Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Origins 2018

After Action Report
The Origins Game Fair has come and gone and I am settling back into my routine after the trip to Columbus, Ohio where Origins is annually held these days. I had the usual great time reconnecting with fellow hobbyists and sharing some games with friends, both old and new. The game fair, or convention, is a great place to see what is new in the hobby, talk to designers and developers and try out something new. Origins is one of the bigger annual events and one can find just about any sort of game that exists in the hobby being played; card games, board games, miniatures games and electronic games, as well as my own favorite - roleplaying games.
So what did I do at Origins? I played in 10 games over 5 days, caught up with some friends I only see at the conventions, did a little shopping and got very little sleep. Games played included Call of Cthulhu, Hackmaster, Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea, Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, Shadowrun, Starfinder and Pathfinder. I sat in on a demonstration of The Fantasy Trip run by Steve Jackson himself and am excited to hear The Fantasy Trip will soon be available again through Steve Jackson Games. I picked up the newly released and already sold out Mutant Crawl Classics RPG and was lucky enough to get author Jim Wampler to sign my copy. I spoke with the folks at Cubicle 7 about the upcoming Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay 4th edition which takes the game back to its 1st and 2nd edition roots and has a good chance of being available at Gencon this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment